Saturday, January 19, 2013

Quicky Scrubbie



Right now I'm the zone in between projects where I'm not really ready to start another big project, but want to do some crafting regardless. I've been reading a lot since Christmas when we (the family) got a 7 inch tablet. I've read 2 ebooks, and have started on the third one, plus a hard cover book. The good thing about the ebooks is that you can knit and read at the same time providing that your project is fairly simple (like my sweater, which was mostly stockinette). Also, I've not been exclusively knitting in the evenings like I used to. I even found out that there are social networking sites for readers that work similarly to Ravelry. I joined Goodreads.com.

So last night I was reading, but I felt that there was something missing. So I made this little project that you see in the beginning of the post in about 30 minutes. It's a scrubbie for the kitchen (or bath). What you do is to take an onion bag (or any other netted produce bag) and fold it. Then you stitch around it (I used the blanket stitch and I should have checked those directions first, but I just did something resembling the blanket stitch) to secure it and to provide you with the basis for the crochet part. Then I crochet with single crochet around it (US notation) with 2 chains at the corners for two rounds (joining the last stitch of the round with a slip stitch to the first). Presto! A scrubbie.

I think I'll be making more of these.

No comments: