Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Knitting retreat recap

I wrote this a few days ago, until I got interrupted. My computer has mainly been used in the evenings to watch DVDs or videos online, which doesn't give much time for blogging.

The knitting retreat was great. We had a lot of fun. There were 7 of us in a small little cabin by Lake Hope. Lake Hope is right outside of town. It´s easy to get there and the cabins are inexpensive, especially compared to more touristic locations like Hocking Hills that are a little further North of us.

We had good food and I had them watching the first shows of Arrested Developement. We ended up watching the whole first DVD. I don´t think they wanted to watch more than couple of shows but these shows are just too funny.

On the Friday night we played Wii. Everybody tried it. The oldest of us is over 60 and she did better than most of us. This game console is one of the best inventions of the 21st Century so far. My 4 year old plays it and I´ve heard of 100 year olds playing it too. We don't have one for ourselve and we only have a tiny 14" TV so I don´t think we´re getting one any time soon.

I knit on this and that during the weekend. I knit on my traveling socks, the one I started on the way to Boston last month. I knit on a sweater I´m making for my daughter. I made a secret knit. I don´t want to spoil the suprise. I was going to finish that particular item last night but couldn't find the pipe cleaners!

I was really proud of one of us. Nancy B. tried 3 new techniques over the weekend. She tried intarsia, lace and cables. She like the cables the best and she designed her first cabled knit by herself (with a little help from Abbie and me). We called the design 'SAN of Green Cables'


p.s. I went to Walmart today to get couple of things, one of them being pipecleaners, but I forgot to pick them up. So the surprise stays that way for a while :o I hope I can finish the surprise knitting before I leave for New Orleans on Sunday. I have a conference there.

No comments: