Thursday, February 15, 2007

It's about time!



So I finally finished this ornament. I made it the summer that Ása was born (2005), but then I didn't have the right needles to sew it shut. Once I got the needles, I was busy with other things, and never finished it. All I had left was to close it up and sew the cord around it. I'm not to experienced in this kind of thing so that held me back a little.




It's the level 5-2 piece from Victoria Samler Beyond Cross Stitch series
.

It's my first (and only) hardanger piece and I stitched it with Rósa Bjarna (we each did our own but pretty much at the same time). It was enjoy to stitch it and a lot of fun to try hardanger.

Here is the post with Rósa's piece, if you want to see it in more details.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ooh, that's really lovely!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
I still have one of these kits do do. I bought three of them about a year ago and only did two of them. The third one is still waiting for my attention.

ps. I saw Dexter on TV last sunday night. I am hooked! And he is a hotty too!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautiful ornament!!!!