Saturday, December 30, 2006

Julehilse

I got a Christmas greeting (julehilse) from Garnstudio. In the greeting was a pattern for crochet Christmas ornament. I had glittered white crochet thread, which came in handy. That same night (same day as I got the greeting), Ása Sóley wouldn't go to sleep, which is very unusual for her. I took her back outside and did this ornament in about 45 min and then took her back inside to sleep. I think it would only take me 30 min if I did it again, since it is in Danish, so I had to figure out the names of the stitches, and that included treble, which I've never done before. So I actually made a Christmas ornament. I'm very proud of myself.

I tried to finish another ornament. It's a stitched ornament. I did the stitching long time ago. Then I was almost done finishing it up but I needed small pointed needles so I put it aside. I didn't even take it back out after I got the right needles. I almost finished it this Christmas, but I had trouble putting the cord around the edges. Maybe next Christmas then?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I really like that heart ornament. I wish my crochet skills were better, I'd like to try it, maybe I would try it anyway. Seems like a small enough project to practise crocheting on.

Sonja said...

It's easy, but then again everything is easy once you've done it ;)

But perhaps a simpler project would be better to start of with. Do one stitch type at a time or just an English pattern.

But I usually just jump in the big pool and just start a project. Whether I know how to do it or not.