Thursday, May 04, 2006

I'm square!

I clearly have problems thinking outside the box. Of course you just knit one more stitch from the next needle. That idea didn't really occur to me. I did it however as a desperate measure to continue the sock. I was enjoying the knitting too much to stop. It turned out there was a reason for it. It is in order to center the pattern on the instep. It made perfect sense after I turned the heel.

I did make a slight mistake. I slipped the stitches like I was knitting but not purling. I am going to switch to see what difference it will make, even at the change that the socks will not look identical.

Previously I've only made socks with a short-row heel. This it the first gusset (from thefreedictionary.com gusset is defined as: A triangular insert, as in the seam of a garment, for added strength or expansion.) I've made. I thought it would be difficult but it was just fun!

I'm really enjoying knitting these socks, but just like Janet, I am a little bothered by the knitting in the back of the loop half the time. It slower and harder on my finger (the finger that points, vísifingur).

p.s. there is a simply lovely lace sock knit-a-long, if you're interested.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ég skil ekki um hvað þú ert að tala. Geturðu ekki talað íslensku? Þá gæti ég örugglega sagt þér allt sem þú þarft að vita.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're coming along on the socks. I just posted mine and I have to admit that I like them immensely!