Tuesday, February 14, 2006

FO at last

Finally I finished the regia hat. I had no real incentive to finish it. The girls don't need it and I was having problem with the egde. The edge between the earflaps was cast on as I went, with only one thread. I basically just looped the yarn around the needle. I was too lazy to go and check my knitting book on how to do this properly. My faux-pas. I did the crochet edging that was required but it was still too loose. On my mother's suggestion I re-did the crochet and went higher up, took in extra row. It was still a little loose but got a lot better after I pressed it (ironed it).



It's made with Regia 6 ply sock yarn and the pattern can be found here (in Icelandic). Icelandic knitting terms can be translated with the word lists from Garnstudio.

The weather was actually quite nice so I went outside to take the picture. My older daughter was a very unwilling model at any rate. I have no idea what to do with it. I doubt I have any use for it in California and the girls already have good hats. Any ideas? I'm thinking about selling it. Is there anyone out there in the blogsphere who would be willing to pay 2000 kr. for it? Maybe $25 plus shipping? Ok, it's yours. If you think the price is outrageous, I'm sure we can work something out. It fits 2-6 year old (it stretches out well).

Here is the weekend update of the French Village:


I'm a little annoyed that I'm not at the 50% mark already. I only find time to work on it 2-3 times a week. It works up really quickly, I just need more time. When I'm at the 50% mark I will put it aside and start finishing projects I have laying around.

1 comment:

Litla Skvís said...

Flott húfa!
Og ég er gjörsamlega ástfangin af franska þorpinu þínu! Það er fallegt á myndum, en guðdómlegt í eigin persónu!