Sunday, January 29, 2006

New stuff

Because the foundation of my new Garnaflækja group I've been looking at knitting blogs a lot last week. I've been stumbling onto some cool stuff I haven't seen before. Like the ScienceKnit webring - something to look at if you want to know what scientists are knitting. I even registered myself, as you can see to the left.

I also found a knitting podcast, called KnitCast. I downloaded some of the shows and already listened to interviews with Yarn Harlot and Amy Singer, founder of Knitty. It's a lot of fun hearing their actual voice and I learned some new information. For instance that Amy Singer has couple of new, exciting books coming up. She also talked about how Knitty came to be. I had the idea, after listening to Stephanie's (AKA Yarn Harlot) to get her bookbookbook1 to read on our trip to/across US. I would have bought it long time ago but I never read anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe, I just bought two of Stephanie's books from Amazon and can't wait to get them. She's so funny.

I've also recently discovered the knitting podcasts, and think they're great to listen to while knitting. In case you're not aware of it I'd recommend Cast-on which is another great knitpodcast.

Sonja said...

Thanks for the heads-up!